Sunday, May 17, 2009

I made an oopsie.

I did a bad thing.
I went to my dark place and hung out for a while.
I hate that I did what I did.
I also hate that it hurts my testimony. I have not glorified God with my actions.
I felt bad the moment I did it.
And, what's worse is I started to deny it.
I was wrong.
I admit that, I accept it and am willing to move on from it.
As I tweeted yesterday:
I am human, I have sinful flesh just like everyone else. I need to stop looking to myself for perfection and look to the cross.
I said it, now I need to live it.
I am trying to be a good child of God, just not hard enough.

Since Audrey was born, I have been in the nursery more than in the sanctuary listening to sermons and worshipping God.
Breastfeeding is beneficial for her,
but it does not feed ME spiritually or otherwise.
That is no excuse. Just fact.
I have a responsibility of my own, though and I have not been fulfilling that. Like reading my Bible daily. Or praying with a Thankful heart.
How can I be a GOOD child of God if I don't listen or study His word?!
I expect Charlotte to be good, and for her to be good, she has to listen to my instruction, right!?
Well, if she isn't listening to me, chances are she is NOT being good.
Same with the Christian.
My other problem is that I am trying to run my life.
I am trying to fight my battles.
That's why I have been failing.
I even have tried to remove myself from situations but I still pick at them like scabs.
{Which we all know what happens when you pick a scab, right!? It bleeds, and takes longer to heal.}
If I just would let Jesus fight my battles, and just concentrate on Him, I KNOW it would be better!
But, I cannot do it alone, I need to lean on God and I need my friends to hold me accountable, to be supportive, and to love me even when I screw it up!!

Some of God's Word that will help me through this:


Now unto Him that is ABLE to keep you from FALLING, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy.
-Jude 24

Whether therefore ye eat or drink or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
-I Corintians 10:31

It is God that girdeth me with strength and make my way perfect.
-Psalm 18:32

When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long.
For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.
I acknowledge me sin unto thee, and mine inquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.
-Psalms 32:3-5

I am not admitting this on my blog to benefit anyone BUT me, as a daily reminder for myself. And, if anyone can learn from my mistakes, then that would be great!

Anywho. Just thought I'd share that. Today is a new day. I do have to TRY to be perfect, but, I won't get there in this life. But I do need to be better than yesterday!
Pray for me as I try and fully live my life the way God intended!

With that said:
To help me out a little further. I am going to do what I had begun a while back and that was to blog devotions.

I have this Bible study I did a while back, and it was wonderful.
So, on Sundays I am going to post the Topic, and some scriptures that go along with it.
You can go along with me if you wish.
Feel free to comment and leave scriptures you may find throughout the week that correlate!
I know I did some already..a long time ago, but I am going to start over.

************************************************************************************

*My God is Able*
If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.
-Daniel 3:17
And being fully persuaded that, what He had promised, He was able also to perform.
-Romans 4:21
And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:
-II Corinthians 9:8
Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us.
-Ephesians 3:20
Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy.
-Jude 24

2 comments:

Kim said...

Thank you for sharing. Sometimes it helps to know you are not along. I enjoyed reading all of the scriptures! I keep telling myself I need to get back into church and I always find a reason not to. I don't like the idea that I am not serving God!

Jill said...

Thanks for sharing and your honesty. Lately, I've need to lean on Him more and I haven't put my focus where it should be. Your blog is very encouraging.