This Saturday was busy with the scheduled plans...{note: not ALL in chronological order}
1. Best friend's daughter's 2nd birthday party @ 3-5
2. Best Sister's birthday party @ 5
3. Getting stranded at Payless.
If you were figuring the 3rd "TO DO" on my list wasn't a "scheduled" event on the list, then you would figure correctly.
My story begins when I left the house a little before 2. It is a little reminiscent of Jenna's Story here.
I wanted to leave the house a little early because I was given the green light from my husband to buy the shoes I spoke about here!! Can I get an Woo-Hoo!?!? And, I was wearing my newer dress, remember this one? Those 2 would have looked spectacular together, no?
We had to drive to G-ville which is about 30 minutes away. I was trying to give myself PLENTY of time.
When I got to the stoplight AT Payless, the truck started making a weird noise.
I prayed that it wouldn't cut off on me.
I called my husband and told him what was going on.
Moments before he had called me to tell me he was on the way to a shop to get HIS truck fixed!! {when it rains, it pours, right!?}
Anywho. Thankfully it didn't conk out on me.
I parked it at Payless.
I told him that it was okay. I was going to run into Payless and then head over to Toni's house for the 1st birthday party of the afternoon.
FASHION FIRST!!!
I unloaded the girls, went inside and got my shoes!
Cute little Charlotte tried to pay the lady with our library card!
It was too adorable. I wish I could have snapped a picture of that!
I was in a much better mood now that I had the shoes in my hands.
I loaded the girls BACK in the truck {we were only in Payless for under 5 minutes, A RECORD for me.}
Got in, put the key in the ignition. And turned it.
everything BUT the engine started up.
OH NO. NO ...NO....NO!!
I tried again.
I prayed.
I tried again.
I prayed again.
It was started to get hot in the truck.
Called my husband.
No answer.
"ARE YOU SERIOUS!?"
Called my Assistant Pastor {that's who Jackie was with.}
No answer.
"REALLY!? Come on!!!"
Called the Pastor's wife.
No answer.
"Okay...it's going to be okay."
I tried Jackie's cell again, and as it was ringing, he was beeping in.
"ABOUT TIME!"
I told him what happened and he said it was the starter more than likely.
And asked me what I was going to do.
HA! Yeah, like I knew.
I said I would call Toni and see what she says, maybe someone could come beat on the starter for me while I cranked it up.
She said her husband Ed, was out getting a new propane tank for the grill and that he would come and get us.
YAY for errands!
The time was almost exactly 3:00 pm by now.
Ed got there about 20 minutes later.
We had stepped inside Payless to keep cool and wait because it was about 75 degrees outside and about 80 inside the truck. Not really comfy for 2 babies and a mommy.
The ladies in Payless were super nice and let us occupy a bench.
They did ask if I needed a jump, but I told them that it was the starter, so jumping the battery wouldn't do me any good. But, thank you so much for offering!
When Ed pulled up, I lugged the girls back out and Ed was pulling out the jumper cables {evidently I forgot to mention the starter thing to Toni..} So, I repeated what I told the ladies inside.
I asked if he minded beating the snot out of the starter for me while I tried cranking it {can you tell I have been through a similar sitch before!?}
I got a bar out of the jack-thingy {yes that is MY technical term for the post....there will NOT be a quiz later, though.}
He tried his best. But the starter was give out.
A no-go if you will. {get it?...Payless..BOGO....NO-GO. okay, sorry. I'll stop!}
I loaded the girls in his car and thought about getting the new shoes out of the box..but said no, too much work right now.
It was almost 4 by the time we got to the birthday party!
The tentative plan was that I was going to go to the party, after Jackie got his truck fixed, he was going to drive our Pastor's car out to pick me up, then we were going to go to my sister's party, then back to the truck at Payless.
But, it was after 6 before he got his truck fixed and was on his way to G-ville.
I called my sister to tell her that we would be SUPER late to her party and hung out with Toni and everyone until Jackie called to let me know he was close.
I didn't get the chance to take a WHOLE bunch of pics like I wanted to, but,
here are a few pictures from the party:
The Birthday Girl, Brea! {pronounced Bray-uh, not Bree.}{sorry Toni, it's the only way I could think to sound it out...ha ha}
Happy 2nd cutie!!!!
Look at those curls!! I love it!
First shot, Charlotte isn't facing me!!
But, look at the grin on Brea!!
2nd shot and Brea isn't facing me.
Oh well, I gave up after about 4 times....I didn't get ONE shot of them BOTH looking at me.
But, these are cute anways, huh!?
I had a lot of fun! Catching up with some old friends and people I hadn't seen in years.
Charlotte had a lot of fun, too. Playing with Brea and the other kids at the party. She was also having fun bossing all of them around, too. I have NO idea where she got THAT from!
After the party, Toni was SWEET enough to drive us back to the truck to meet Jackie!
She even went into Payless and bought her sweet little Brea some new shoes!
{ I think she drove us just for the shoes! HA HA!}
Just kidding. She loves us, and we love her!
Jackie said that it was the starter and for it to get working again...wait. Rephrase that. It WASN'T going to work again, EVER. He needed to take that one out and go buy a new one.
YIPPEeeee!?
That meant we were going to totally miss my sister's birthday party. bummer.
I left her a message. Her husband Emerson called Jackie back and he explained all that was happening.
They said they would come and meet us, since they had to drive right past there to get home anyway.
Wonderful. I love them.
Jackie went off to get the new starter and the girls and I stayed behind with the truck.
When my sister and family got there, we {Lisa, me, Hailey, Hunter {Lisa's stepchildren} Charlotte and Audrey}
went to Toys-R-US and Babies-R-US which was right behind Payless.
The time was 8:45.
Emerson stayed behind with the truck to wait for Jackie.
By the time we got back, Jackie had gotten back with a new starter.
Emerson and Jackie were both under the truck trying to put the new one in.
Here is Charlotte eating her french fries waiting for the truck to magically come back to life:
After they got it cranked, I realized I didn't take any pictures of the event..so I rushed around getting a couple:
Emerson asked me what I was doing taking pictures of this,
and Jackie chimed in.."It's for her blog."
And, I proudly said, "YUP!"
3 comments:
can't believe you don't have a "Not Me Monday"! What is the world coming to? But at least you have new shoes ;)
cute shoes!
the things we will do for shoes!
haha...Jackie sounds like my husband, "It's for her blog." {that pretty much sums up life around here} :)
Post a Comment