Yesterday we didn't do a whole lot of exciting things.
But, we did get out of the house for a while.
And we DID come home with some goodies!
OH! How I love to shop.
Before I had kids, I loved to shop for myself {who am I kidding!? I STILL LOVE to!}
But, now I feel guilty buying myself a much needed new wadrobe item. Ahem.
But, because money is not growing off a tree in my backyard, {you'd think with all this technology we've got going on.....}
I don't get the chance to buy things for my girls that often.
Anywho..back to the story.
We {my Mom and the girls Charlotte and Audrey} went to the mall and to Wal-Mart.
The sad thing about our mall is that there are more animals there than places to shop.
The GOOD thing about our mall is that they have a monkey and puppies, fish, iguanas, snakes, spiders, a wild cat {the species escapes me at the moment} an eel, and all other sorts of pet shop animals. All that in ONE pet store. Or as I like to call it, The Kinston Zoological Park.
AND...it's a lot cheaper than making the trip to our actual State Zoo.
Anywho. Charlotte and I frequented that store quite a bit before Audrey came along.
She LOVES going. Loves CASSIE the Monkey, too. Frankly, I believe Cassie loves Charlotte as well. Everytime Charlotte comes up, she {Cassie} gets down at eye level with Charlotte and just stares at her. Usually while eating some sort of fruit or pop-tart, which I consider to be a fruit also.
Anyway, we stayed at the mall for a little bit, just browsing...and dreaming over shoes. {Payless...how I love thee.} I WANT THESE SOOO BAD.
We then headed over to Wal-Mart. For I had a gift card that had been burning a whole in my cheapWal-Mart wallet. {no joke though, I LOVE my wallet.}
{WOW! I use WAY TOO MANY parethesis'!!!}
I needed to buy my sister a birthday present..which I did. And, I needed to buy a friend of mine's daughter a birthday present, which I did, also.
After I concluded that those purchases did not add up to the total amount I had in gift cards, I decided to use the rest to buy Charlotte and Audrey new dresses and TOO CUTE FOR WORDS onesie for Audrey!!!!
Like I said before, not too interesting, but I had to tell you all that to get to the BLOG WORTHY picture::: This was taken on the way home from Wal-Mart!
She fell asleep like that!!!
TOO FUNNY!
Charlotte did NOT want to participate in yet another Fashion Show for my blog :( Whose child is she!?!?!?
But here are pictures of what I bought for Audrey:

Today, however, was much more fun, for Charlotte anyway.
We went to the park for some sliding and a picnic!!
It was lovely out today! I couldn't bear to stay in doors!
Today is the first day that I actually let Charlotte run loose in the park without me or SOMEONE holding her hand to guide her.
My mom met us there, so she wasn't playing "alone" for very long!
I took a blanket, some PB&J sandwiches, fruitcups, cheese nips and some pickles to eat during Charlotte and Audrey's first official picnic.

Charlotte was more interested in playing and watching what everyone else was doing than eating, but I managed to get her to eat 1/4 of her PB&J, her whole fruitcup and one petite pickle!
Charlotte watching an elderly couple strolling at the park.
Charlotte watching a little boy walking by our picnic.
Charlotte's first time down the "big" slide by herself!!!
She is a natural, huh!?
She NAILED that landing!!

She was soo hungry on the way home, she begged me for the rest of that sandwich! I am sure that was the best PB&J she has ever had!
We came home, and cleaned her up, fed Audrey and put Charlotte to bed for a long nap. Of which she is now awake! That means I have to end this SAGA!
Later!
4 comments:
Sounds and looks like you guys had a great day!
I love Audrey's "I can't wear pink everyday" shirt! Cute =)
They are so stinkin' cute. I want to bite their cheeks. And I might just do that tomorrow.
By the way, when you reference that the mall has more animals than stores, I assume you're not speaking of the patrons?
Those shoes are pretty awesome!
I love the "I can't wear pink every day" onesie! :)
I LOVE the picture of Charlotte hanging onto Audrey's car seat!! Sooo cute!! Audrey's outfit and onesie is adorable!!! Looks like Charlotte had a blast at your picnic!! What cute kids!!!
Post a Comment