I have been busy! But, alive and kicking!!
Since I got out of the hospital for the fever last time, we had VBS at our church, we took a "mini-vaction" {and I mean Mini!! lol over night trip to the aquarium and Fort Macon} I have been alone at home with our kids every day since I got discharged. That's 3 weeks! I don't know how I did it every day before I got sick!? HA!
Here's what is going on now. I got a phone call during VBS from my transplant coordinator saying they got 2 more PERFECT matches samples in since receiving the 1st one while I was in the hospital!!!
WHOA! PRAISE GOD! 1 was even a stretch, sometimes! THREE!!!?!?!?!?! So Amazing. And, the very proof of God's work and healing! The first match wasn't as perfect as the 2nd, so I know God's hand was definitely in this. {Let me clarify..all three were perfect matches but, the 2nd sample that came in had some other identifying markers that matched mine...the 1st one did not. It, technically, would not be an issue or matter either way, but IT was really neat to see}
So, the time table was set and schedules were made. I had another bone marrow biopsy. I had to have an echocardiogram {ultrasound of my heart} and a few xrays. Then, my transplant date was set and I was scheduled to come into the hospital the week before to get a test dose of the chemo drug they would be giving me during my hospital stay.
The chemo they give can cause seizures {how fun! haha!} So, the night before until 24 hours after the test dose, I had to take anti-seizing medication. It makes me SOOO loopy.
The test dose went well and here I sit a week and 2 days later, in the Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, receiving my chemo everyday {3 hours of busulfan and another one I cannot remember the name of} And, PRAISE our HOLY WONDERFUL GOD!!!, I will be getting my donor cells on Wednesday of next week!!
I am scared, but excited. I am ready to get started and ready to get it over with!!
I will be here in the hospital for about 5 weeks, longer if I get any fevers or infections. Then, I will have to stay close to the hospital for 2-3 months after being discharged. Basically for daily appointments or a couple of times a week. Then, I will be released from immediate care, the catheter will be removed {YAY!} and I will be able to go home and slowly get back into a regular routine. I will still have to have frequent count checks every month for a while and as more time goes by, the less I will have them checked. I still have to be VERY careful not to get sick, of any kind, for the first year, because my immune system will still be compromised. Hopefully, I will be able to go back to church and go out to eat and things like that after about 6 months from my transplant! Please pray for me and my family as we transition to the "new normal" and when we move our kids up here with us for the 2-3 months!
Also, please pray for my Uncle. He has been very sick and they didn't expect him to live through the night a few weeks ago. HE started recovering very well and then got some kind of infection and was put back into ICU. He is doing okay, but still needs to get out of ICU and start getting better! Please pray for God's healing hand, and for my uncle's salvation!!! Thank you!
4 comments:
Many prayers for you!!!! That is amazing you had so many perfect matches, God is so good!!
Praying for you!!
Praying for you!!!!!!!!!!!
Such great news! I've been praying for you and I'm so glad that things are progressing so wonderfully! God is so faithful!!!
Post a Comment