Friday, August 30, 2013

Transplant

I am sorry it has been a week since my update!  The Wifi connection here has been problematic.  My laptop is the best place to write a blog post, not on my phone.
Good news, y'all, the transplant went very well!  It wasn't a surgical procedure, picture a blood transfusion.  So, all I had to do was sit and watch it happen.  It was very surreal watching the cells go into the tubing and disappear into my body.  I prayed silently throughout a lot of it.  Jackie and I prayed a lot up to it that morning.  I was just really nervous before it happened and God was certainly with me!  I felt extremely at ease during the transfusion.

It lasted a little over 2 hours.  During the transfusion, the nurse was there for the first 10 minutes, then came back every few minutes to check my vital signs.  And, that was it.  Very anti-climatic. HA!  Which is a good thing! I didn't want drama on that day!
Now, we are just sitting here everyday, waiting for GOOD things to happen and praying nothing BAD happens.  My Coordinator says she wants me to fly under the radar and come out on the other side! I like that.

Jackie has gone out yesterday and today looking at places to rent.  He has found really nice places!  I know the Lord has the perfect one for us out there!  Hopefully when he comes back in tonight, he will have signed on to something!

Before I came to hospital, I bought 2 new wigs. So, it's been fun wearing different hair or hats everyday.  Just something a little fun! Check it out:



                                               I am very partial to the ginger!  Although, the blonde is so fun, too!

So, from here on out it will be a lot of crummy feeling days, while we wait for my counts to drop and then slowly recover.  Jackie is here with me through (90% of it ), he goes back to church late on Saturday, and then he comes back on Monday evenings. The girls are being well taken care of by some of our dearest friends and being loved on so much, I am sure.  This Saturday, Sher, Jackie's sister will be driving down from Michigan to stay with our girls at our home.  What huge answers to prayer from these 2 families!  We love y'all so much more than I/or WE could ever EVER say!



No comments: