Sitting here at the hospital, waiting on my counts to go up is torture!
I pray. a lot.
I eat. a lot.
I watch TV a lot.
I read a lot.
I walk around the "unit" a lot.
I sleep, not a lot.
That's my day.
Everyday.
These walls are closing in on me!
But, my numbers are on the way up. If the Lord keeps this up, I will be home by next week sometime! PRAISE THE LORD!!!! I am so ready to be home.
I will be doing a lot of what I posted above: praying, eating, watching TV..etc. still, but I'd be home!
After I am released, I can go home for a week, then I have to come back for another biopsy.
Go home, and then come back once a month for chemo treatments until I can get a bone marrow transplant.
So, things are not over. I will be home soon, though!
Psalm 34:1-6
I will bless the Lord at all times: His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul shall make her boast in the Lord: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.
O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together.
I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
They looked unto Him and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed.
This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him and saved him out of all his troubles.
16 comments:
Hi, I found you from the small things blog. My heart goes out to you at this very difficult time. My prayers are with you and your family.
www.bugsbeans.com
Kari, I found you through the Small Things Blog. It put me in tears reading your posts. I'm so sad that you and your family are going through this right now. I also live in the area and would love to help you in some way. Even if it's a meal or a gift card to grab some food to go. I may pass the $ or gift card to Kate who could give it to you. In the meantime, I will be praying for you and your family.
I also found you from Kate's blog. I hope Sadie is better and I will pray for you and all the rest of your family. Five years ago I went through a life threatening emergency illness and it changed me for ever. I have a bond with God that I never imagined. I have been a Christian most of my life but this was amazing. I wasn't afraid, I had love pouring out to me from all directions and I had a 6 year old at home worried sick. God allows these things...not sure why but it will draw us nearer than we ever imagine. I will be following your progress and in a matter of time this will be a memory that you will share with others in need. God bless you and your family.
Hi Kari! I found you from Kate's The Small Things blog. Your story touched home for me as I was reading about your decision to cut your hair. I was diagnosed 14 years ago with Hodgkin's disease and went through a very similar process of cutting my hair. My hair was long enough that it could almost touch the top of my pants. So losing my hair was my biggest worry at the time, granted I was 13 at the time. Knowing it would be difficult watching my hair fall out, my Girl Scout troupe and I spent a Saturday at the beauty salon all getting our hair cut and styled. It was a great day and made the process so much easier. I actually got a short bob just like yours!
Having been through similar steps as you, I wish you all the best in your upcoming treatments. After reading through more of your blog I saw that you mentioned Winterville. I'm assuming that's Winterville, NC as Kate lives in NC. I currently live in Washington and work in Greenville. So if you would ever like to chat and just need someone to come sit with you. Or even a ear to complain to about the whole process feel free to get in contact with me.
Hi Kari,
I also found you through The Small Things Blog. I am truly sorry you and your sweet little family are going through this. I will be praying for all of you, especially for you! It blesses me so much to see your obvious faith in the Lord in this, He will be with you every step of the way, may He continually give you strength and comfort. Blessings on you and your family! <3
Sarah W.
Hi Kari,
I also found you through The Small Things Blog. I am truly sorry you and your sweet little family are going through this. I will be praying for all of you, especially for you! It blesses me so much to see your obvious faith in the Lord in this, He will be with you every step of the way, may He continually give you strength and comfort. Blessings on you and your family! <3
Sarah W.
I don't know you and you don't know me, but your story has touched me. I wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and your family. May your faith and family guide you during these difficult days.
Hi I found you through STB, and just wanted to let you know that your courage is inspiring, and that you and your family are in my prayers!!!!
I'm another one who clicked over from Small Things Blog - just so you know people on the West coast are praying for you and your family!
Thank you!!
Thank you so much! I won't turn down any food!! Haha that is so very sweet! Thank you for your prayers!
Thank you for sharing a part of your own journey with me! Thank you for your prayers!
Thank you so much!!! That is so very sweet of you. And I am so happy for you that you are well now!!
Thank you for your words of encouragement!
Thank you so much!
Thank you!!!
Post a Comment