Wednesday, January 14, 2009

NUTS!

My kid woke up this morning on the WRONG side of the toddler bed!
She woke up screaming for more juice.
I told her to come to me,
she wouldn't move
{I wonder where she gets that from?
considering I myself was still in bed and not willing to get up}
Finally she comes into our room, and is still screaming.
Usually when she wakes up, she wants to crawl into bed
with us, but she told ME to get up.
Literally...she said..."Mommy, GET UP! JUICE!!!"
So, I said Okay Charlotte...trying to remain calm because she was freaking out about something.
We walked to the kitchen {well I carried her}
I put her down so I could get her juice.
She didn't want watermelon, so I put that back.
I got out the Orange V8 {she LOVES it..I hate it}
All the while, she is still throwing a slight temper tantrum.
Umm...no, hun, you don't get what you want by acting like that.
Yeah, right, mom.
I handed her the cup {because she freaks out if she doesn't get to help}
She wouldn't take it!
So, I put the top on myself....obviously not the right move!
Because she proceeded to scream in octaves usually associated with the fat lady.
I shut the fridge door...again....NOT the right move.
She threw herself on the floor, still umm...singing.

I picked her up, and told her to stop and disciplined her.
I was still at this point TRYING to remain calm...or atleast calm-like.
By the way..it was not working.


I put her back in bed with me, and we layed there for a little bit,
while she still threw a fit.
YAY!
Finally, before I LOST it,
I got up, told her we were getting up, and
that again was....you guessed it....the WRONG move.
I gave her some MORE disipline.
After she began to calm down a little, I picked her up,
and cuddled her for a moment and asked her what was wrong.
She said : "Charlotte eat"
Well, now I just feel bad.
She was being a brat because she was hungry.
Good going MOMMY!
So, I asked her what she wanted to eat,
she said peas and corn.
Seriously, that's what she said.
I told her that we couldn't eat peas and corn for breakfast.
So, we decided on French Toast!
YUM!
So we got up and got some french toast for her to eat.
Crisis averted!?
Not quite, but she IS in a better mood.

I am not convinced that being hungry was all that it was.
But, I could be wrong.
Just maybe. There is a FIRST time for everything.

No comments: