Thursday, January 15, 2009

Time for the husband


My husband and I don't get a lot of time alone together.
As is true for EVERY other Mom/Dad combo.
Soooo...I want to know, from the like 3 readers I have,
how do you make time for you and your husband?
My problem is that I like to be the one in control.
I don't like asking for someone to watch MY kid for me.
God "entrusted" my husband and me with her care
{you know, according to earthly standards...even though NOTHING is in our control}
NOT our neighbor.
But, sometimes, {okay more than just sometimes}
it is nice to get away and spend some quality time with the spouse.
So...for the THREE of you
How do you make time for the husband?
Or do you?


3 comments:

Jenny said...

It's hard!!! I am lucky to have family in our town, but we usually wait until the boys are sleeping and mom & dad stay with them while we go out for a couple hours. It's also fun to break out the board games or invite another couple over after the boys' bedtime (around here, that's 7!)

The SC Elwarts said...

Well, Scott & I aren't very good at it either. However, if it's been one of those days, and we just need "alone" time. We'll put the kids to bed early, like 7 or something, and then just enjoy the time together. Sometimes just talking. Sometimes eating dinner with just the two of us. Throw some candles in there, and you have a romantic dinner, even if it's just mac & cheese. :) the other thing we do is since we can't afford a babysitter, we trade babysitting duties with another family. We'll watch their kids once a month and they'll watch ours once a month. That way, at least we can have a couple hours to do whatever. Just a thought. Hope this helps.

Keri said...

oh, I think the DQ sounds like a great little "get away". We dont have a DQ, but have been known to stalk Sonic Drive-in quite frequently:)