Friday, December 05, 2008

Sick Baby

This morning at 4 am, Charlotte woke up with a fever of 103.7!
I gave her some tylenol to help with the fever,
and a wet washcloth to wipe her head with.

About 30 minutes later, we took her temperature again
And it was down to 101.

Then an hour later it was down to 99.

We took her to the Ped. this morning.
We were there before they were! haha

I wasn't to worried because her fever had already come down so much
She also had a cough that was raspy one time,
then the next would be "barky".

Poor Charlotte got:
a thermometer {you know where}
a light into her ears
a stethescope to the chest
a tongue depressor down her tongue
THEN a q-tip down her throat to test for Strep.

It was awful for her, and for me.
She kept calling out for me to hold her...
and looking at me with those eyes
as if to say..."Why don't you stop this crazy woman!!!???"

But, praise the Lord she doesn't have strep!
She said it was most likely croup.
Because of the cough,
so she wanted to treat it as if it were.

The wonderful thing about Charlotte is that
she doesn't act that different sick than healthy.
Unless it is really bad.

This morning was really bad,
but since we got home from the Ped,
she has been running around the house
and eating, and drinking normally.

She tends to be a little more clingy than normal.
That's how it was this morning, but now she is acting
like nothing is wrong.

Right now, she is sitting on the couch
trying to put her tennis shoes on
while watching PBS....guess what's on?
BARNEY....
She loves that purple dino.

I, on the other hand, loathe him.
But, hey! It keeps her quiet.
I know that sounds bad.
But, honestly,
I do use the TV as a babysitter.
It is a fact of life.
Oh well.
Momma's gotta do, what momma's gotta do!

WELL....Barney is off...gotta go!!

2 comments:

Hailey said...

Barney... f-in dinosaur drives me nuts. Those that say they do not use TV as a babysitter obviously are liars. No worries my friend. Caroline watches at least 5 Barney shows a day. Thank God for DVR and DVDs.

Hope Charlotte feels better. Caroline has a staph infection. Trying to give her medicine has been hell. I am in the process of writing a blog about it. It will be an enjoyable one.

Lisa said...

Scary times! I'm glad I didn't talk to you until she was better. No need in stressing out an aunt for no reason.

By the way, I voted for Audrey. But I want to take my vote back and use it to vote AGAINST Addison (although I do really like Audrey).