I live much like a newborn these days, except I can read and talk and that whole diaper thing. Babies have the right idea. But, I digress.
Then, there are the days I have an appointment. Which is 2x a week.
For the past week, my sister-in-law, Liz, and 3 of her kids have been staying with us. Helping us out BIG time! The "kids" I just mentioned are actually all teenagers so that means BABYSITTERS!! ha!
Sabrina, Zach and Isabelle have been a huge help to me with the kids. And even with some crafting. {more on that later!! EEEEEKK! I can't wait to show it to y'all!!} Liz has been cooking for everyone and helping keep the kids in line {mine, not hers.} Tomorrow, she is going to take everyone, BUT me and Jackie, out of the house. I feel like I haven't seen my husband in days. Weeks, even. So, it will be nice to spend a couple of hours together in the quiet. We'll probably take naps! HA! I am so thankful for their sacrifice of time and money to come here and help out. Plus, being around family makes me happy and I love these people :-)
My doctor told me today that she was really trying to get me home for Thanksgiving. That would be HUGE! And, such an awesome blessing. That means 4 weeks!! 4 more weeks in this apartment, 4 more weeks of being seperated a lot from my husband and kids. 4 more weeks of this cursed catheter. We can do this, right!? It's just 4 little ole weeks! I pray nothing comes up between now and then, because I now have my heart set on 4 weeks!
I have been on steroids, and every week she takes the dosage down. I am now down to 10mg. I started somewhere around 1,000. Just kidding. But, it felt like it. It has made me puff up like a blowfish. Yup. That's my story and I am sticking to it. It has absolutely nothing to do with the triple portion of apple pie I had last night, or the oreos I eat on the regular. The doctor said that once the steroids were out of my system, that the puffiness in my face will decrease {oh! She noticed that, huh!?} And, I will return to a more normal weight. She said it was healthy for me to be gaining this weight. But, it will be just as healthy when I return to my baseline weight. I told the nurse that I kept expecting to feel a baby kick. Especially when I rub my belly! Y'all think I am joking, but I could pass for 5 months preggo on a 2 row oreo day. And, no. NOT having a 2 row oreo day is NOT an option. HA! Just kidding. I ate all the oreos and I don't want anyone to bring more into this place. I can NOT stay away from them.
I've been going a little stir crazy. I've been wanting to go to Target some kind of bad. Just to be somewhere. To see stuff. You know, and maybe BUY something I could touch and take home right then. As opposed to shopping on-line. So, I asked my doctor today if I could go to Target. SHE SAID YES!!!
YAHOO!! Right after my appointment, Liz and I headed straight to Target. I still had to wear my mask {which I knew I would} and gloves, and still try not to touch anything. That was hard. Because I like to touch and feel fabrics and pick stuff up and hug it. You know, the usual shopper things.
So many lovelies. Ahh. I was a little overwhelmed. There were so many departments I wanted to go see what was new! It's a whole new season, so everything is so different!
I was very thankful for such a small little insignificant blessing. Well, no blessing is insignificant. But, you catch my meaning.
The Lord has definitely used this time to bring me closer to Him. I have had ample time to read my Bible more. I started a daily devotional and even really got serious about a personal prayer list. I am not saying any of this to toot my own horn. I am not doing anything we, as Christians aren't EXPECTED to do. I just know that this whole time in the valley and while I am slowly climbing back to the mountaintop, He has done a work in me. He has changed me. Hopefully, I am more Christ-like than yesterday. Hopefully, I KNOW more about my God than I did yesterday. Isn't that the goal of every Christian? And, every day, I find new ways that I can minister or encourage someone else. Let's hope I remember. I pray I don't forget what this feels like.
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus. How I trust Him. How I've proved him o'er o'er. Jesus, Jesus precious Jesus. Oh! For grace to trust him more.
Lyrics to a song I have come to LOOVE and adore : I Look To You by Selah
As I lay me down,
Heaven hear me now.I'm lost without a cause
After giving it my all.
Winter storms have come
And darkened my sun.
After all that I've been through
Who on earth can I turn to?
I look to you.
I look to you.
After all my strength is gone,
In you I can be strong
I look to you.
I look to you.
And when melodies are gone,
In you I hear a song.
I look to you.
About to lose my breathe,
There's no more fighting left,
Sinking to rise no more,
Searching for that open door.
And every road that I've taken
Lead to my regret.
And I don't know if I'm going to make it.
Nothing to do but lift my head
I look to you.
I look to you.
After all my strength is gone,
In you I can be strong
I look to you.
I look to you.
And when melodies are gone,
In you I hear a song.
I look to you.
My levees are broken
My walls have come
Tumbling down on me
The rain is falling.
Defeat is calling.
I need you to set me free.
Take me far away from the battle.
I need you.
Shine on me.
I look to you.
I look to you.
After all my strength is gone,
In you I can be strong
I look to you.
I look to you.
And when melodies are gone,
In you I hear a song.
I look to you.


No comments:
Post a Comment