Thursday, June 06, 2013

Truths that give me comfort

Here is a list of SOME verses that I find comfort in.  There are so many more!!  I will periodically post different ones every now and then.


2 Timothy 1:7-8

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear: but of power, and of love and of a sound mind.
Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

Philippians 4:6-7

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God,
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Luke 12:6-7

Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God?
But even the very hairs of your head are numbered.  Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.

Romans 8:15-17

But ye are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.  Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His.
And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Acts 20:21-24

Testifying both to the Jews and also to the Greeks repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.
And, now behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there:
Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth  in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me.
But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.





No comments: