Friday, March 08, 2013

Let's play pretend!

Let's just pretend I have been here all along?! Mmmkay?

Lately, I have been purely exhausted.  No, not in the afternoons, or early evenings. No, no.
That would be normal.
I am exhausted when I WAKE UP in the morning!!
Frustrating, yes?!  YES!
Charlotte is in kindergarden. She has to be at school at 7:55.
We live 2 minutes away from school. Literally. I get her to school on time every day.
But, it is a mad rush in the mornings because I cannot  WILL not get out of bed until the last possible second.
And, then we are all cranky because we are having to rush. It's a terrible "routine" for the morning.

This morning, however, I got out of bed early!
Not "cook a big breakfast" and get dressed and make-up on, early. {don't get crazy!}
But early enough I got to read some of my Bible plan, and that I woke her up with a sweet mommy voice, not a rushed mommy voice.
She even had time to pick out her own clothes!
And, pick out her own breakfast! She ate, we did some yoga together. {Charlotte has been having muscle cramps and I have been having some shoulder issues, so stretching seems like the logical remedy.}
She brushed her teeth, I brushed her hair and warmed up the van.
It was a very relaxed morning!
When I returned home, imagine my surprise to find my other 2 babies still snoozing!
Mommy SCORE!!
I actually had time to sit and catch up on my reading plan, do a little extra, AND, catch up on my bible study of Job!
I feel like a new woman, today. It is amazing what spending an hour or so in the Word, first thing in the morning can do for your day!  I pray I can discipline myself to do this every morning.

Also, in case no one noticed, I finally squeezed out a blog post! GASP!


No comments: