Monday, August 23, 2010

Misc. Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

1.  Today we switched it up a bit and I surprised the girls with a trip to the Splash Park.
We usually go on Tuesday's because we are out that way for Storytime in the AM, but I felt the need for change....however small it was.


2.   I finished what I THINK are 2 of the best pillowcase dresses I have made thus far.
That isn't saying TOO much because I am still learning about sewing and still messing up...but these.two.dresses.are.UBER.cute.  Iamjustsayin'. Pictures to come tomorrow!

3.   I also started and finished {well, ALMOST} a little project that has been in the back of my mind since I began this little sewing adventure :


A diapee and wipee!  YIPEE!
~Sorry, I couldn't resist~
{I just haven't decided how I want it to close yet.
It will probably be velcro, but, I put one piece of ribbon on it to see how it would look....}

4.    This is way more important than any of the other three, but I just found out: My grandfather is in the hospital with chest pains.  When I spoke with my dad, they didn't know if Granddaddy had a heart attack or not.  He is being kept overnight for observation.  So, if you would please pray for him, I would greatly appreciate it!


5.  Audrey is over 18 months and I didn't post a "birthday" post about it.  mommyfail.

6.  We are not sending Charlotte to Preschool.  But, I am considering looking at some preschool material to work with her.  I am probably going to start that in September.


7.   This is how the girls like to spend a lot of time, lately.  I am going to have to start setting aside about 30 minutes to an hour a day for them to just sit and play!  They both LOVE it.  I hope they both really learn to play either this or another instrument one day.  I never learned and I wish I had! 



8.   24 is my favorite show. But I hate it for getting me so addicted! We started watching it after Christmas, and are now on Season 7.  Can I just say that I am sooo thankful we watch it on Netflix and that we did NOT start it on TV!? Because I would have a breakdown waiting one week to the next to see what happens.
Alias was the exact same way for me.........What is it about action packed TV drama that keeps me glued to the screen!?

9.  My husband bought me Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal today.  Just between you and me: I think he wants me to have his babies......

10.   I LLLLLA-LOVE Thirty One's new fall catalog.  Thought you'd like to know!

11.  I think I am done...


1 comment:

Dorcas said...

LOL about 24. I know how you feel. I never liked to watch it with my husband too intense. I had him record it and then I watched it after a few were saved on the dvr.

Your kids are adorable. Thanks for sharing your randomness.

~blessings
Dorcas
http://4sweetangels.blogspot.com/