Monday, February 08, 2010

My Baby...the TODDLER.

Audrey is no longer a "baby".
She is a YEAR old!!!
I cannot believe it has been a year already.
Let's see what you have been up to lately, Miss Audrey Christine:
You wake up at 5 or 6, nurse and then fall back to sleep. (Can I just say....bless you!)
When you wake up anywhere from 8-9, you are soo happy, and say: Hey, Mama! (Or SOMETHING like that!)
You are still eating mostly baby food, because we have SO much of it.
You HATE baby cereal AND oatmeal, and turn your nose up at it everytime.
But, you love fruits AND vegetables AND all the baby food meats, that I don't complain about the cereal.
Audrey, you love your sister and follow her around everywhere.
She loves to play with you, too. But I can see how we are going to have some problems between the two of you, already!
You like to be practically on top of her, and you want to play with what she is playing with, so if you have heard me say "SHARE", a few times in a day, you have heard it a MILLION times!
You dropped your morning nap somewhere between your 7th and 9th month. And I am still mourning that loss.
But, you will take a fabulous nap in the afternoon that spans atleast 2 hours, daily.
You are not a picky baby, I have trained you well, grasshopper.
You will sleep just about anywhere. PRAISE God!
You do, however, hate the first few seconds of the carseat. Probably only the "tying you down" part, then you quickly become that sweet, loving and adorable baby, ahem, toddler, we love so much.
When Daddy comes home, you look up at him and say: "Hey! DA-DA!"
And he melts like butt-ah, everytime!
You give hugs, and you still give open mouth kisses that take up half of our faces, but we love them!
You also, are a tiny 16 lbs. At this rate you should be in a forward-facing carseat by your 2nd birthday! Ha!
You took your first official two steps, and haven't really done much else about it.
I am not worried, though. Besides, its nice having just one extremely mobile kid.
Your time is coming though. QUICKLY!
At bedtime, you nurse, then if you haven't fallen asleep, I put you in your crib to cry it out. It never lasts longer than 20 minutes, then you are out. But you have gotten the hang of it, and lately have begun to fall asleep with little fuss.
Dear, sweet, precious child of ours, you are well loved and abundantly cherished. We praise God for having sent you to us. As you turn 1, or 30, we pray and hope that you will always know that we love you and that your Heavenly Father loves you, too.
It is also our fervent prayer that you will accept the free gift of Jesus Christ's salvation at a young age and serve HIM with all your being.
We love you, Audrey-Girl. Happy Birthday!
Love,
Daddy, Mommy and Charlotte
Sent from my BlackBerry Curve

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Isn't it so crazy how FAST it goes?!! I cant believe mine is almost a year and a half already!