Saturday, August 15, 2009

4th of July

The fourth was over a month ago, but I want to have a "complete online scrapbook" for my girls and that includes the Summer of No Internet!
That Saturday, our town was having a celebration. It was advertised as a "Family Celebration". There wasn't much that was Family oriented. They DID have a bounce house for the little kids, one ball throwing game and oh let's not forget about the clown! He was scary, even to me. He looked like a homeless man in a colorful cheap nylon sack. He was more entertaining to the drunk people that already knew who he was than to the little kids. ( the only reason I stood there waiting...and waiting...and listening to his horrible adult jokes, was because Charlotte had wanted a balloon animal and she had never gotten one before.)
When we first arrived at the park, the only thing we saw was the live band and a bunch of people carrying around beer. It took us forever to get through all the partying to get to the "kids area". So, Jackie and I decided we didn't need to stay for all that....after Charlotte bounced 2 times and we got the balloon animal, we left.
We live in a great location, though. Bc from our porch that night we could see the fireworks from the "party" and from the stadium. So we really didn't miss out on anything.
The picture is of the girls for our Patriotic Service that Sunday! I bought that sailor dress of Charlotte's last summer on sale and Audrey's dress was Charlotte's from her baby shoot w/ Brandon Potter Photography! The bows were made by me and the headband on Audrey is from Wal-Mart! This is one of my favorite pictures of them!

2 comments:

Hailey said...

So cute!
Get that internet fixed chick! I miss reading about your little ones.

Anonymous said...

Such BEAUTIFUL kids, Kari!