She USED to go all the time.
She USED to go WHEN I TOOK HER.
She wasn't telling me she had to go.
I got sick of taking her every 20
Then, I guess, taking a cue from mommy; Charlotte got tired of it too.
But instead of going by herself, she started refusing to go.
She wasn't even 2 years old yet. And we had been doing so well.
I guess pregnant Kari is a lazy Kari.
{HA...yeah right. Like I have to be pregnant to be lazy!!!}
If that was the case I would have been pregnant at 10. {ewww. OKay, that was gross...but kind of funny, so I'll leave it.} Proved my point? I think so.
Anywho....{wow, do I LOOOOVE a tangent.} They are my favorites!
I have the attention span of a gnat.
Seriously, if I typed out EVERYTHING I thought of while writing a post....MAN. That would be awful for you. Be glad I hold back.
Wait, okay. Sorry! Sorry!! Sorry!! I put a cork in it.
SOOOOO.. back to potty training. HA!!
ALLLLL of that to say I am thinking of trying the potty thing again tomorrow.
I plan on putting her in BIG GIRL PANTIES!!!
We will see what happens.
I got this Potty Training Check list in my inbox the other day and thought it was funny. Charlotte has reached just about all of these. Probably all but one. Anywho, this is from Babycenter.com:
Reviewed by Sarah Pearson, M.D., September 2006
Is your 2-year-old ready for potty training? There's no magic age at which children are ready to start learning how to use the potty, but some develop the necessary physical and cognitive skills between 18 and 24 months of age. Many parents don't start potty training until their children are 2 1/2 to 3 years old, when daytime bladder control has become more reliable. And some children aren't interested in potty training until they're closer to 3, or even 4.
Use the checklist below to measure your 2-year-old's progress toward readiness, and keep in mind that starting before your child is truly ready doesn't mean you'll finish sooner — it's more likely that the process will just end up taking longer.
You don't have to wait until you've checked off every item to start training. Just look for a general trend toward independence and an understanding of what it means to go to the bathroom like a grown-up.
Physical signs :
Can walk and run steadily.
Urinates a fair amount at one time.
Has regular, well-formed bowel movements at relatively predictable times.
Has "dry" periods of at least three or four hours, which shows that her bladder muscles are developed enough to hold urine.
Behavioral signs :
Can sit down quietly in one position for two to five minutes.
Can pull her pants up and down.
Dislikes the feeling of wearing a wet or dirty diaper.
Shows interest in others' bathroom habits (wants to watch you go to the bathroom or wear underwear).
Gives a physical or verbal sign when she's having a bowel movement such as grunting, squatting, or telling you.
Demonstrates a desire for independence.
Takes pride in her accomplishments.
Isn't resistant to learning to use the toilet.
Is in a generally cooperative stage, not a negative or contrary one.
Cognitive signs :
Can follow simple instructions, such as "go get the toy."
Understands the value of putting things where they belong.
Has words for urine and stool.
Understands the physical signals that mean she has to go and can tell you before it happens or even hold it until she has time to get to the potty.
So pray for me tomorrow. WHATEVER you do, don't pray for PATIENCE. THAT DOES NOT WORK. TRUST ME! You pray for it, you get trials to build up your paintence. Just trust me, I know. I know from experience. It's awful.
4 comments:
Yah, we did the Potty Training In a Year method with Lauren. :) I tried to do it in a day, like the book says. Well, you can't make kids do 2 things: eat, use the potty. Try as you might, unless she wants to, she won't. Finally, we gave up with Lauren. She was mostly trained by the time she was 2 1/2. We still had a few issues to work through, but all in all, by the time she was 3, no more diapers (except pull ups at night). No kid goes to kindergarten in diapers. It will happen. I promise. You're a good mommy. :)
Sorry you didn't win my giveaway! My stationery is $10 off this week if you're interested, and I WILL have more giveaways in the future as well :)
Thank you for the kind words, my sister. I appreciate the encouragement and I pray you are blessed today!
Lauren
Boy....you weren't kidding about the tangents. Call me sometime. We shall do something. I need to go shopping in g-ville, but i'm up for whatever. Later tater
Post a Comment