Charlotte has not been sleeping well the last few weeks. We had started to make her bedtime earlier, with a super early nap. But sometimes, the nap would get skipped and she would fall asleep while eating dinner!! It is pitiful, but secretly cute! A perfect example of her not sleeping well would be this morning:Charlotte went to bed at her OLD usual time 11 pm, and we hadn't done that in a while. This morning she woke up around 7, came to our bed and tried to fall back asleep but I guess she was so tired that she couldn't. She was a little disgruntled!( okay actually it was more like Yogi Bear finding a picnic basket with a padlock!!) She just whined and cried!! Kicked and screamed!! I hadn't seen the back of her throat so clearly since she drank lysol.(I am on my phone, so you's guys will have to search that one out, if you have no idea what I am referring to)
Today I decided we are instituting a more strict bedtime and routine.Bout time, huh?! It used to be that she would play right up until it was time for bed and then we would read stories and she'd go to sleep. Not anymore!!!! Bath..stories..and in bed by as close to 9:00 as possible . Every night. I chose 9 because Sunday and Wednesday evenings we are at church until about 8:30. We obviously aren't going to miss church so Charlotte can take a bath! I believe that if you put God first, you can't go wrong.
If we are off by a few minutes..or 30, no biggie. Just as long as we do the first two EVERY NIGHT.
I did it tonight. She wasn't in bed by 9, but close enough. I gave a toddler and an almost 4 month old baby baths at the same time!! Woo-hoo!! Pardon me while I pat myself on the back. (Might I DARE add that this was the SECOND time I did this?!)(Okay all you seasoned mothers of more than one kid out there that just twirled your pointer fingers in the air...I see you! I have to celebrate the little things!)
We only had to tell her twice to get back in bed, so YaY us!!
I must go now. I need a shower and I feel my eyelids getting heavy. Super! Just in time for the hot shower to wake me up. (Please picture me twirling my finger in the air!!) G'night!
4 comments:
Hahaha...that's pretty funny. I twirled my finger at you and I don't have any kids.
Oh, by the way, prepare yourself. Check out your little calendar and pencil me in somewhere. We're having a photo shoot so I can take some decent pics of Audrey (and of course Charlotte).
Way to go! Raegen's bedtime is 7:30 although on Sundays and Wednesdays we too are usually not home from church until 8:30/9:00. Hopefully Charlotte will fall into this routine easily. :)
Sooo, how'd that little plan go for you tonight?
Post a Comment