The derby is a pretty big deal at our church, and not just with the kids.
I think the adults enjoy it more than the kids, actually!!
All of our cars turned out great! Jackie thought up all these ideas himself. I was not surprised. But I was very impressed.
Charlotte's car is the closest one. It's a hammerhead shark! ha!
This was Jackie's car winning the first of all the races he participated in!!!
He won the whole thing {in his division}.
Then for his division, won for best design.
My car did not win anything. Bummer, huh? But, it was in the running for the Slow Poke Trophy. {EDITED TO SAY I accidently deleted MY car's picture...will post later today...}
THANK GOODNESS my car was the FASTEST of the SLOW Cars; or we would have had to bring this trophy home:
Thank you, Mrs. Susan for being woman enough!!!
I just loved this "car"!! It was lovingly made by my friend, Christina!
Isn't it cute!? It's a couch potato!! Complete with a bowl of popcorn!! Christina beat out the champion from last year Mrs. Marlene! That's her black car on the right.
Anywho. Fun was had by all. Oh...and my girls didn't win anything with their cars, either. But, Charlotte had a blast watching the cars, running around the Fellowship Hall, and playing with her friends!
After the races, we went to visit my sister. The plan was to help her paint some furniture, but she wasn't in the mood to paint, or for me to get all the stuff out and do it myself. {You don't argue with my sister...so you definitely don't argue with my PREGNANT Sister} Instead, I put her Co-sleeper together for her. We left and headed back to G-ville where we stopped to eat at Sonic and Charlotte got to get out and play on the playground there. She LOVES a slide!!! My sister even got on the twisty slide with Charlotte. I was yelling at her like she was my child when I saw what she was about to do. I mean, seriously, she has only 2 1/2 weeks left and she is sliding down slides with my toddler!!! WOW. I certainly wasn't like that when I was pregnant! ha ha
I need to get going and feed Audrey so we can go back to church for Choir practice!!
Hope everyone has had a blessed day!!
1 comment:
Did you just say your Sonic has a playground?? :)
BTW, cute phone!
Post a Comment