Monday, November 17, 2008

It's a Blog Baby Shower!! How cool is that!?


Hailey, I am so copying you,
but I am sure you will forgive me
and/or get over it with time.
But, I just had to say something to Kelly for her baby shower!





Kelly,

I found your blog through a friend, and just got caught up on the news, events and the baby shower.
TODAY!!
A few moments ago, actually.
But, I did want to tell you that your story is amazing.

But, there is one that it did not surprise. God.
God knew what He was doing.
Isn't it wonderful to know that even in our human capacity,
we know a lot, but God knows everything
And what's even better is
that He controls it all!

He needed you to be closer to Him. To trust Him completely.
And, you did. You did not fail Him in that.
And, He will never fail you.
It is truly an amazing story.
One that brought tears to my eyes.
But, God was not amazed. He knew.
It warms my heart to read about women around this country
putting their faith in Christ, and not what man can do.
I will be praying for you and your husband for the rest of your pregnancy,
and for the birth and "child-rearing"
(ugh, anyone else hate that phrase?!)
(But I couldn't think of something else to put there.)

There are a few pieces of advice I can give to you.

1. Pray. And Pray A LOT
2. Enjoy every minute of it, even if it is the unenjoyable times...and trust me, they come often.
3. Take a break every now and then.
Not for like a whole weekend or something, but even a five minute break on your porch while the baby sleeps is needed!!!
4. If someone offers to help, and you trust them, TAKE IT!!
5. And, last but not least Praise God in everything.

Congratulations Kelly!

4 comments:

Outnumbered 4 to 1 said...

Came over from the bloggy shower! Very well put advice! Oh ps I love your blog design!

Jenna said...

Thanks so much for joining in the blog shower! I loved your post!!!

P.S. Your little girl is precious!

Kelly said...

Thank you so much!! What a sweet, sweet post - it means more than you could ever know!

Jacquie said...

Just dropped in for the shower. Your blog is so cute... and your daughter is absolutely adorable!!