I am sure that's what my blog is thinking anyway.
Since my last blog post:
Sadie turned 1!
Audrey turned 3!!
Charlotte turned 5!!!
I've had a birthday {we won't mention WHICH..hehe}
We moved, Thanksgiving, black friday shopping, Christmas, New Year's Day....I am sure an arbor day was in there somewhere, too.
Jackie has had a change in jobs, as well. He worked at Chick-fil-a while he was finishing up his degree at LCC, now he is the soon-to-be Assistant Pastor at our local church, New Testament Baptist Church! He will be ordained in May of this year! For now, he is just called Youth & Music Leader.
What a work Christ has done in our family in this past year. And this year has been off to a great start!!
Speaking of Christ working. { I might as well start this new blog post off right. }
For YEARS I have gone back and forth about my salvation. There would be months where I was so positive that I was saved and giving my all to the Lord. Then there were weeks that would go by and I was miserable. I felt very ineffective in my Christian life. My prayers seemed to be off, I didn't want to read the Bible, I didn't want the conviction in my heart. So, I mentally and spiritually pulled away and withdrew within myself.
Last fall, we had our Revival services with Brother Danny Whetstone. {If you haven't heard this man preach, you are truly missing out on a blessing!!} I had been feeling very anxious during every service. I had come up with many excuses not to sit through an entire service. Potty breaks..."ooh, I think I hear Sadie crying in the nursery". Man, was it getting bad. During Brother Whetstone's message about Jesus casting out demons into a herd of swine {Matthew 8:28-32 KJV}
I didn't neccessarily believe I was possesed by demons, but I was not comfortable AT ALL during the message. I was debating inside myself : "you're saved. No, you aren't." Yes, I REALLY AM. NO, YOU ARE NOT!! If you tell someone you AREN'T saved, your "friends" are going to be so surprised and so disappointed in you. You will have LIED to them. " This was serious stuff, folks.
Finally, when it came time for the invitation, everyone bowed their heads and closed their eyes. Brother Danny asked us to raise our hands in answer to certain questions. When he asked if there was someone in the room that was unsaved and wanted him to pray for them, I literally fought myself to stay seated, and to keep my hand down. I felt so sick to my stomach. And, I knew in that moment that I had been LIED to. Since 7th grade when I thought I HAD been saved, I had heard a voice. Call it the devil, my flesh, whichever you will, but it was telling me I WAS saved. Christ was there, too. But, He was telling me I WASN'T saved and I needed to believe on Him! Confused!? Yeah, me, too!
Stay tuned for Part II!!!



2 comments:
Hi just jumped over from Kelly's link up. I love tour background so pretty.
Your girls are gorgeous and I love their names. I just started Blogging when my son was stillborn on 1-24-12.
He was my sixth. I am so happy to connect with some other pastor's wives. thanks for sharing
HI! I found you through Kelly's Korner. I am a pastor's wife as well. Your children are beautiful! Would love to have you visit me at eatprayreadlove.com
Post a Comment