Tuesday, September 21, 2010

So busy...Sew busy...

Things have been pretty crazy here at the Elwart house.

Many things going on in our family as a whole, many things going on in our own home, too.

Jackie is still in school during the day.  Tuesday BEFORE last, he started his semester at NTBI {also known as New Testament Bible Institute. {classes are taught by our Pastors....} It is a wonderful school we have and my husband is so thrilled to be at it again this semester!

He also will be working at a race next week, and we {and by "we" I mean ALL of us} are going with him!!  We went last year and the girls and I had so much fun driving around Georgia and shopping while Daddy was off working in the heat.  So, I know I just broke a cardinal rule of the internet : Don't tell when you are going to be out of town or out of your home.  Well, I just want to let anyone know that thinks they can come steal from us while we are gone....don't waste your time here...there isn't anthing to steal........I'm just thinking of you, really.  It would be a huge disappointment.

I, on the other hand, have been busy making a baby....trying not to go into labor early. Some strange things are happening with Baby Girl lately.  Last night, I couldn't move for the pain I was feeling.  I seriously thought I was having some sort of contraction that I had never felt before.  I couldn't do anything to make it stop hurting either.  I really did think I was going into labor.  But, I called my OB office and spoke with a Dr. and they didn't sound too concerned.  It was possibly the baby and I moving in weird directions and pinching a nerve.  Atleast that's what Jackie and I concluded.

So, she is keeping me on my toes, so to speak.
I have also been making more pillowcase dresses.

My friend, Hailey  asked me to make a couple of Halloween inspired dresses for her little girl Emma.  I am sure Caroline will be sporting them, too at some point.   I was hesistant at first, but excited because these would be the first dresses I would be making for SOMEONE ELSE's child.  That is a lot of pressure. 
Well, I officially finished them yesterday!  And I must say I think they turned out pretty good.  I know I would put my kid's in them {Don't worry Hailey, I didn't though... HA!}  I won't post pictures yet, until after Hailey gets them tomorrow.  So, we will see if she likes them as much as I do. 

I have also been making the THIRD dress that will be a birthday present to a precious little 4 year old in our church!  I just may post pictures of that one tonight after I am completely done with it!  I LOOOVE the fabric on this one and would wear the thing myself if  I could squeeze into it!

There has been so much more going on...but this post has been long winded enough!

Hark! I think a child has awoke from her nap....

No comments: