This week's theme is Kid's names, and how you came up with them!
When I was a teenager, I of course, already planned out my wedding and our kid's names.
All I had to do was fill in the groom's name!
I had Elizabeth Marie, Ahna Lee, Jonathan Blake & Harrison Cole.
These names were all near and dear to my heart.
Elizabeth was a name that I had picked out for "my daughter" from the age of 5!
{it was also the name of a guardian angel pin my Grandma gave me one time, and I thought it was a SIGN! hahaha}
Marie is my mom's and sister's middle name.
Ahna Lee was a twist on Anna Lee, an actress that I adored! Plus, Lee is my middle name.
Jonathan Blake came from my dad. It was the name I was to have, had I been born male.
Blake is also my dad's middle name.
Harrison came from, well, let's just be honest here, I had a HUGE crush on Harrison Ford...{circa Indiana Jones, not the movie with Anne Heche.}
And, I did love the name!
Cole came from my Grandmother's maiden name.
But, Jackie burst my bubble when we were dating, and said he didn't like any of those names.
ANY.
So, I decided that I loved him enough to abandon my "kids" and have our own!
YAY me, right!?
CHARLOTTE ALAINA
When we got pregnant with Charlotte, we decided that we would NOT name her until after she was born.
We had a list with : Audrey,
Addison,
Lily,
Charlotte,
Madeline,
Jacqueline.
And a few others.
All with middle names.
All these came from a baby book that I read aloud while driving to Michigan to visit with his family.
Those were just some of the ones we just loved!
After Charlotte was born, I realized we had left the list of names at home.
So, I tried to remember some of the names..and Charlotte Alaina came to my mind.
I said it aloud to Jackie, and he liked it!
After we got home, I found the list...and Charlotte Alaina WASN'T on the list!
Charlotte was with other middle names.
Alaina was with other first names.
We had never put the two together. It was meant to be! I couldn't imagine her name as anything else!
Audrey Christine
Audrey wasn't that dramatic.
Or maybe it was.
I still loved Addison and Audrey and I had come up with a few others,
but towards the end of the pregnancy, Audrey and Addison were winning by a long shot.
We decided that we were going to do a theme with our kids {we will see if it sticks with this baby..}
A and C names: Charlotte Alaina and Audrey Christine.
Christine is Jackie's grandma's name and his mother's middle name.
I love the name.
So, we took the names Audrey and Addison with us to the delivery room.
I asked Jackie as I was holding our little 'no name baby', and said : "well, which one!?"
I really had my heart set on Audrey, she LOOKED like an Audrey, but if he had said Addison, I would have been Okay with that, too. Kind of.
He asked me what they meant, and that would be the deciding factor.
Addison means Son of Adam. And Audrey means 'Noble Strength'.
So that was that!
Baby Elwart
And, now we come to our newest addition {I almost typed Addison. HA!}
Well, I am saving my name ideas for just me and my husband for now!
You'll just have to wait around and see what we come up with. But, so far, I am IN LOVE. ha!

1 comment:
haha I remember when you called me to find out the definition for each of those. Too funny.
Post a Comment