Friday, April 16, 2010

Show Us Your Life...

*Edited to say that I am an idiot. I didn't see Kelly's post last week about postponing the Show Us Your Life post...so I am ahead a week.  I am going to leave my post here, but just wait until NEXT Friday to link up! Geez.  That's what I get for not having internet.


Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner


Every Friday, Kelly at Kelly's Korner has a "Show Us Your Life" theme.
This week, the theme is : How you met your spouse!
Head on over to her blog and link up!
Just a warning....it's a long story! But, oh, so wonderful!

On October 23, 2003, my friend Jessi called and asked if I would take her hostessing shift for her at Ham's {a restaurant where I worked during high School and for a year after college} so she could finish moving.

I was reluctant because I had already made plans with a friend to go to the car show, yeah I know...HUGE shock, right?! I am not the "car show" type. HA!
But, because I knew what kind of jam Jessi was in, and I would have done almost anything for her {she was such a good friend of mine.} I did it.
I made plans with Jennifer to meet up at the car show after my shift, so all was well.
It was a super slow night, and I was doing my closing work :cleaning up the bathrooms, refilling utensil baskets...you know, the usual. When in walked 3 Marines and I think 3 girls. {I cannot remember if it was 3 or 2...}
I sat them in a booth and went about my business.
One Marine, let's call him J; started flirting with me, calling me for stupid stuff like a new fork or more napkins, which ordinarily wouldn't be stupid except he had 2 forks and a stack of napkings on the table and was calling me back every 2 minutes or so.
I played into his game a little, not because I was interested in HIM, but because I was interested in the cute, more quiet one..let's call him, JACKIE. hahaha


After a while, J, got enough nerve to ask for my number.
I was a sarcastic little flirt and grabbed a balloon and a pen.
I wrote my name on the balloon and then wrote for my number:
1-800-2-hott-4-you
And gave it to him!

orang ballon Pictures, Images and Photos

I hurt his ego, so he stopped talking to me. That gave room for Jackie to start.
It was almost time for my shift to end, but, Jackie asked for a glass of water.
I went to pour it for him, but I must have gotten  lost in his eyes  an itch or something because I spilled it on him!

After that debacle, I clocked out and was about to leave when ANOTHER girl friend of mine walked in..Lindsey. 


And she walked right over to the "Marines" and sat down.  She came to meet up with the other girls at the table. Lindsey was my best friend in the whole world for about 2 or 3 years. So, she asked me to hang out with them for a little while.
Of course, I said YES! HA!
I sat between Lindsey and Jackie, good a place as any.... ;)

Jackie and I started talking and he FINALLY asked me for my phone number.
I remember the table going silent.
I suppose waiting to see or HEAR what I was going to say.
But, he handed me the only thing near him that was available, a Ham's paper napkin holder.
And, I wrote my cell number on it.
He even had Lindsey confirm that it was my actual number.
Then J. {you remember, balloon boy} tested it and called it.
Out of nowhere my purse began ringing. ;)

And after that....we talked and talked and talked and talked.
I never made it to the car show.


We were married on August 4th 2004!
Oh, and even after all these years...{almost 7 years since we met} He still has the napkin ring in his wallet.

2 comments:

Jewel said...

awwwwww.....I think I might puke that was so disgustingly sweet :P lol

emily said...

I love y'alls story! I especially love the number you gave the other Marine...too funny!!

There's just something bout those blues...huh!!

Happy weekend!
emily