Saturday, April 17, 2010

Cinderella- LONG story....big shocker, right!?

Last week I told Charlotte we were going to see Cinderella. At my alma mater.
They have a fantastic theater program there. And always put on a good show!
Ever since I mentioned it, that is ALL she has been able to talk about.
Even to strangers, she has told them : "We are going to see 'Cinderella', do you wanna come!?"

Last night was THE night. The poor child was so excited, she couldn't even take a nap! Or should I say : poor momma!?
It was Charlotte and Mommy night, and I had been looking forward to it as much as she was.


We arrived SUPER early because I wanted to make sure we got a good seat so she could see and really enjoy it.
YAY for early birds because we were the FIRST ones there.
PERFECTION.

At the door they were selling pictures of Cinderella and Prince Charming for autographs after the show, and magic wands for a "special" thing they did during the show.
And, I of course, bought Charlotte both.
When I showed Charlotte the picture of a brunette Cinderella in a pink dress, she said:
"That is NOT Cinderella."  UH-OH.
I thought we were in trouble. I didn't know if she would "buy into it" that it "was" Cinderella.
I explained that this was a different Cinderella, but that she would love her as much "her Cinderella."
She seemed okay with that excuse.  WHEW!

My friends Christina and Miranda along with their little girls Jordan and Macie came to see the show as well, so we all sat together.

Before every show they do a little "pre-show" where the Art teacher, Mr. Rigsby {who is a complete ham, I just adore him! haha} goes out on stage and entertains and gets the audience participating in some quirky, cute games.
This year, he rounded up a bunch of little kids {Charlotte and Macie, included} and got them all on stage!
They played a little bit with the wands and twirled a little, it was cute.
She loved it, until Mr. Rigsby paid her any attention, she clammed right up and wouldn't even look at him while he was talking to her. It was so funny.

{BTW..I do have pictures of all this, BUT they were really dark, and we don't have photoshop on our computer right now...I NEED it back!! }

Charlotte did very well during the show, I only had to tell her to be quiet a couple of times, and for the most part, she sat in my lap and watched without complaint. Except until we had about 2 scenes left, she kept wanting to get up in her own seat and then back down again.

After the show, it was time to get Cinderella and the Prince's autograph and a picture with them and the carriage.
I guess someone forgot to give Charlotte the memo, because she did NOT want her picture taken with them. She had to have been exhausted and ready for bed, and on top of that meeting strangers!? Too much for her, I suppose.
We did NOT get a picture with Cinderella and the Prince, but I did manage to get her into the carriage.


Too bad she wouldn't smile, though.
She was so exhausted!

We did manage {with the help of my friend and videographer {not mine, but was taping the play}, Martha}
to get a picture with the Fairy Godmother.
She has a beautiful voice and was a great actress!


As soon as we stepped off the stage, she became herself again and was just chatting away with me about the show.
On the way home she asked me to sing all the songs, but I only know a few lines from each song! I was never in this show before and I had only seen it a few times, so I wasn't too familiar.  But, she didn't mind, nor notice when I repeated myself over and over again! hahaha

It was so much fun just hanging out with my first born and getting to watch something we both enjoy!!
I hope to do it again with her real soon!

2 comments:

Keri said...

I LOVE the pic of Charlotte in the carriage...so precious!!! She will look back on those laugh:)

Laura said...

Hi Kari! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

I loved your post of taking your daughter to see Cinderella. I took Alise about a year and a half ago to see a ballet performance of Cinderella and she just loved it! She takes ballet so that helped, too!

Enjoy your weekend!