Hi friends.
I know I have been terribly absent from the blog. And that I have lost some of my readers because of that. There is so much I could have been blogging/keeping track of; but many things have come up that have kept me away.
One of those situations is going on right now as I write.
My father-in-law, Daniel Elwart, has been suffering from Kidney Disease. He has been on life-supporting dialysis for about 4 years now. When he came to visit us (he is from Michigan), 2 weeks ago, he was very sick and had to be admitted to the hospital. There, he stayed in the Critical Care Unit until last Monday morning when He was discharged under hospice care, staying at our home. His daughters, Sher and Joy, came down while he was still at the hospital. His sons, Joshua, Jacob and Scott arrived that following Tuesday morning. Jason and Shane and their families arrived that evening.
Dan has been such an encouragment inspite of his illness. All along he has been a great witness for the Lord, Jesus Christ, and has pointed others to him. He and his wife, Dolly, who went to be with the Lord back in 2000, served the Lord faithfully and raised a bunch of great kids, that grew up to great men and women serving Christ.
Late Sunday afternoon, Dan peacefully joined Jesus, Dolly and their daughter Sabrina in Heaven. What a blessing it is for our family to have comfort in the knowledge that Dan is with the Lord and Savior he loved so dearly. And, not in that awful place called Hell.
The memorial service will be up in Michigan at the end of this week sometime.
I cannot believe he is gone. I don't think the reality has set in yet.
Being with someone as their soul leaves the body and goes into eternity is an awful, awesome, scary, and beautiful experience. One I will NEVER forget.
I know I will see Dan again. I have that assurance.
John 3:2-18
There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?
Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
I urge you, no, I plead with you to know Christ as your Savior.
We are all sinners, and only by God's grace and mercy are we saved and allowed to enter into Heaven.
God doesn't WANT anyone to go to Hell. And neither do I.
I hope and pray that all my family and friends will get right with the Lord and/or get saved. I want to see them in Heaven one day.
"just think of stepping on shore
And finding it heaven
Of touching a hand and finding it God's
Of breathing new air and finding it celestial
Of waking up in glory and finding it home."
2 comments:
Didn't Jackie sing that recently? That song is powerful and his sweet voice made it even more poignant. When my mother died several years ago someone kindly pointed out this verse to me..."Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?" along with a poem about how God takes our tears and turns them into pearls to return them to us one day. Praying for your family...
Cindy Crossman
Sorry for your loss! Hope you are doing good.
Post a Comment