Friday, June 05, 2009

The Blogosphere's Got Talent ACT 2



I have talent. Oh yes. I do.
But mostly a talent for leaving dishes in the sink to long, for giving THE MOMMY look to anyone I feel deserves it, going off on tangents...writing posts that are too long and give WAY to many details. And, I may or may not break out in dance for no apparent reason.
But, I do a little singing on the side.

So, I figured, why not!? My life is a Musical. Why not SING about it!?

I had high hopes of doing a duet with my husband. But this week has been crazy!
He started his internship at our church on Monday.
So, we really haven't been able to set time aside to video ourselves singing together.
As if we EVER had time to do that.
Or WOULD...AHEM.
So you guys are just gonna have to hear me...all by my lonesome.
Oh...and Audrey, too.
I felt a little silly just singing to the camera, so I roped my youngest daughter into sitting in with me. {she can't walk or talk yet, so she had NO CHOICE in the matter!}

I found out by accident that she likes this song A LOT! It usually calms her right down when I start siging it. SUMMERTIME from Porgy and Bess!! I think I have a musical lover!! YAY!!

Anywho, so I decided since I was going SOLO on this, and VIDEO-ing myself, that I would just sing to her. Hope y'all don't mind.
Some video notes:
**Ignore the fact that it looks like I am about to EAT Audrey, okay!? *
**at the end of the song, Audrey decides to spit up which makes me laugh...so keep your eye out for that* It was TOTALLY part of the act. I promise!!




So, head on over to Kingdom Twindom and see all the other acts.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

And your momma's good looking? Well then. Don't we think something of ourselves?

Kidding, kidding. It's good. Two pacifiers way up!

Jenna said...

AMAZING!! I had no idea you could sing. I bow to your awesomeness!!!

Jewel said...

Two things: I'm stealing that scarf and that was freakin' good! Seriously, really good...not that expected it to be bad, but .....ok, you know what I'm saying. NOW...let's see some of the practice videos!

Mrs. Valente said...

You're a finalist!;)

lizann said...

So.....I am sitting here with Jason and our mouths dropped open! Girl, you can sing!!!!!