Monday, June 29, 2009

Big Sister Lovin'

Charlotte,

You are such a wonderful big sister.
Your only problem with Audrey is you might just love her TOO much!
After Audrey woke up crying from her morning nap, you stood up and yelled out to her "Hold on, babe! I'm comin'! Just a minute Audrey, I get you!!!" At that moment I could have gobbled you up! But instead I let you run to her crib ahead of me, and pushed her bumper and you peered in on her. By the time I got there, you already had her squealing with delight! You are such an amazing big sister. (As I type this you are trying to color on her face with a plastic ice cream cone toy) Don't get me wrong, sometimes you are a little rough, you like to pinch her cheeks or "get her nose". But it's all in love and wanting to play with her. You have never shown any kind of jealousy, even if it seemed like I held Audrey all day long!
I will always remember how great you have been. And I will be a typical mom when you both are older and fighting, to remind you of all this! Always love your sister, Charlotte. You have a gift from God, both my girls, of a built in best friend. That is so very special. Don't ever take that for granted.
Sent from my BlackBerry Curve

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is too cute! It gives me hope for what will happen when baby boy arrives. The closer my due date gets, the more nervous I become. I'm so scared of how Tanner will react. I hope he loves Stokes as much as Charlotte loves Audrey!

Sher said...

Aww, that's so cute!!! What a sweet big sister!!

Lisa said...

Adorable. Too bad you didn't have a sister like that.