Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day!
Jackie had to work Sunday afternoon between church services, so we went out Saturday night to celebrate!
We went to Wal-Mart in G-ville to get Audrey a mattress for her crib. Then we went to eat at Ruby Tuesday. We had heard that it might get crazy in G-ville because of graduations and proms, so we made reservations.
Oh..it was soo worth any trouble {which there wasn't any...but if there had been, it would have been worth it.}I love Ruby Tuesday! I ordered the Chesapeake Catch : Tilapia and Crab Cake with string beans and rice pilaf. It was DELISH!!!
Jackie's birthday was at the beginning of the month, so he had a couple of free dessert coupons for Cold Stone {free ice cream} and Fuddruckers {free milkshake}. He went in Cold Stone and got a Peanut Butter Ice Cream concoction. Then, we drove over to Fuddruckers and he got ME a strawberry Milkshake! IT was YUMMY!!! Oh, and I forgot to mention we also had a coupon for Ruby Tuesday! Buy one entree get the second FREE!!!! So, we ate at Ruby Tuesday, got ice cream and a milkshake for UNDER 20 BUCKS!!!!! Awesome, no!?
It was a wonderful evening with my favorite people in the world!

Sunday morning, we all got up and got ready for church. We had to be there earlier than normal because Jackie was going to lead the music {our Pastor was out of town, so our Assistant Pastor was preaching...so he asked Jackie to step in and lead the music for him}
After church, we headed home so Jackie could change into his work clothes and I started preparing lunch for me and Charlotte.
After lunch, my mom came over and Charlotte gave her a card that we made together, and I gave her a box of chocolate turtle candies!! YUMMY!
She stayed for a while before I had to leave to go to a Mother's Day dinner for my Grandma {my dad's mom}{my parents are divorced, that's why she wasn't going, too}
Unfortunately there were more of my Uncle's girlfriend's family there than my Grandma's family {it was a very sweet thing they did...threw a party honoring their mother's at their restaurant} But, the food was really good! BBQ Pork, and turkey...and all the fixings!! Anywho...we had to leave early to make it to church on time.
After church, a lot of the families at church go to the McDonald's near the church. It is always a lot of fun to hang out with these people! I love our church family!

I could not have had a better Mother's Day "weekend"

Here are some pictures from Saturday and Sunday...and some from Memory Lane! Enjoy!


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Mother's Day
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

1 comment:

Hailey said...

Happy belated mother's day!