Thursday, May 14, 2009

Embracing the recession

Well, ladies, (and possibly gents?!) I have done what I haven't done in a long while. I shopped for myself at the Goodwill. Now normally I wouldn't call myself a snob. (Maybe I have been all along...and just was in denial.)(It ain't just a river folks!) Anyway; as I was saying; I don't frequent the goodwill for my clothes. I actually haven't shopped there for my girls in a while (wal-mart has had some kickin' sales recently)(anyone think this post is chock-full -o parenthesis'??) So when my husband suggested I go there and look for some skirts and such, I was taken aback; yes, aback. ME!? Clothes for moi?! No sir buddy. It's cool for the girls because well they only wear an outfit like 2x before they can't fit into anymore; and you, my dear hubby...You ain't digging a grave in Versace! I.am.such.a.clothes.snob. And I shop at Target!!! Ha!
Well, I went to a neighboring town...aka New Bern, and went to their GCF. I was not overly optimistic, but I wasn't expecting to find much. Let me just tell you...I found 6...count them..6 different styled skirts. I don't even find 3 at Target that I both fit and like!!! Wow! I was pretty happy. (Plus, it helps to go to a town with rich people..)
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

3 comments:

Kim said...

Good Buy! I have never been the type to shop in those stores either...but now I am thinking about it. =) I told Jake we need to go shop at some when we get to Florida, maybe in the "rich" part of town!!!

Jewel said...

Holy parenthesis! I'm calling you this afternoon, so get ready.

The Stain Family said...

Yay for Goodwill....or as I refer to it, Toward Men. ;) I can always find "something" there...a skirt, a dress, a nice candle holder. Last week I bought a Mossimo (Target brand) skirt, a nice picture frame (painted it satin black to match the rest in my house!), and a nice candle holder (painted it satin white). Glad you are venturing outside of your comfort zone. BTW, if you ever get something home and decide you don't want it, you can RETURN it!! Yes, I said you can RETURNYOURGOODWILLITEMS!! :) Just keep your receipt and leave the tag ATTACHED. Happy Shopping!!