Saturday, May 09, 2009

Almost caught up!

I have almost caught up. I have 2 more posts that will follow this one, and then I will be done. So just hang in there, or have you already given up on me!? I know, I know. I write a lot. But, I love the details.
Last Saturday was actually the full day of the festival. My grandma always takes one of her dogs out to the ArkBark during the festival.

My Grandma and Aunt Lori with Charlotte

Which is basically a full 3 hours of dog events: a parade, competition and costumes. It is really cute to see what people come up with for their dogs. This year, though, Grandma and Pa Pa didn't enter any of their dogs into the competition, but brought Harley along anyway. He is a beautiful chocolate lab, off spring of their equally beautiful black lab, Jamie and yellow lab, Jake.
After the dog events were over, they left and Charlotte, Audrey and I walked around waiting for my mom and Jewel. Jewel brought Topher, her gorgeous puppy, but had to leave because he literally spazzed!!

Charlotte had her hand in a hole between the deck and pavement, I told her to get her hand out of there, there is no telling what you might get.
And she pulled her hand out with this attached:

"A WHOLE DOLLAR" she said!! I thought it was hilarious! Only 2 years old and she already knows the value of a buck!

After my mom finally arrived, we went off the enjoy all the treats of the Festival:
The Face Painting:

The Bounce House

The Craft Tent. Where Charlotte made her daddy a birthday card.

{Yes, May 2nd was Jackie's 28th birthday!!!}

Over a few tables in the craft tent was the Jewelery making table.

Charlotte made herself a necklace.

With a little help from mommy.

Look out Jenni K.

When it was almost time to go, we participated in one last event.

The Horse-drawn wagon.

And, here's the horse!

Speaking of Horse Power, I took this shot as we were leaving, for Jackie.

His little girl and a Corvette. To top that off, it was blue!

His FAVORITE color!

3 comments:

Jewel said...

Yeah, he went a little nuts. Poor baby. Had to literally carry him out of the place. Too bad he's not Tobey sized or that wouldn't have been a problem. Looks like Charlotte had a blast though. Too cute :)

OHmommy said...

I love festivals like this. Awesome photos.

Keri said...

You make me want to go to a festival...looks like it was a ton of fun!