Saturday, April 11, 2009

Someone's 2 Months Old!

I know, I know. I am SUPER late.

{atleast I got to it before she turned 3 months old!!, right!?}
But, I have good reasons!! I promise!
This week I have not been on as much because I have been trying to paint the stupid crib
for Audrey and Charlotte's room.
I am almost done.
Noone told me it was going to be soo hard to paint a crib, breastfeed a baby and care for a toddler all at the same time.
I thought I was SuperWoman apparently because I thought I could do it myself.
Little did I know I would be calling my MOMMY to come over and help me watch my kids while I worked.
And, little did I know I could talk her into painting a coat or two herself while the babies napped.
{yes, amazingly, they did that at the SAME TIME!!! YAHHOOOOOO!!!}
But, alas, it was short lived, because naptime is only soo long. HA!
{has anyone noticed that I use a lot of exclamation marks!?!?}
Anywho. Pictures of the finished product will follow shortly..{not today-shortly, but soon.}

All that to say My Little Lady is now 2 months old!

We went to the Pediatrician Wednesday and she has gained 4 whole pounds since birth!!
Chunky monkey! She now weighs 9 pounds and 4 ounces. She is small, but she started out small. No worries from me! She is not going to be the same weight at 2 months as another baby born the same day that weighed 8 pounds at birth. It just isn't going to happen.
She is sleeping through pretty much the whole night. Maybe once or twice during a week she will wake up in the middle of the night and want to eat. I can deal with that!!
She smiles to her daddy more than mommy all the time.
She has a cold though. Nothing serious, it seems to be going away. I am monitoring her closely though. Considering she spent the second AND third weeks of her life with a cold. I hope this one doesn't last that long!
We can hopefully go buy the mattress for her crib this coming week, and I can HOPEFULLY put the stupid crib, too. I am itching to get pictures of the FINISHED room up here ASAP!!!

And, so you guys didn't think I favored one for the other, here is an adorable picture of Charlotte!

Tomorrow is Easter Sunday, and I am so excited. Not only does that mean that we get to go to church, but it is especially special because it is the day the Lord rose from the dead! He died for you and for me. But, more than that, he beat death. He lives in Heaven. And, one day, so will all of God's Children. All those that praise Him, and love Him, and have asked Him into their hearts. Praise God my husband and I are 2 of God's children! Tomorrow my dad will be coming over after we get back from church, and we are going to have an egg hunt! It isn't going to be a busy Sunday. And I like that. It will give us time to reflect on what the day really means.

Luke 24 1-8

Now upon the first day of the weekm very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.

And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre.

And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.

And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments:

And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why ye seek the living among the dead?

He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee,

Saying, "The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again."

And they remembered His words.

I will remember His words, as well!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kari-- Aubrey looks just like you! She is beautiful!
HAPPY EASTER to you and your pretty little family!

Lisa said...

I hope now that people can finally start to see what I was saying since the child was two hours old--she looks nothing like Charlotte, but looks exactly like you!

An aunt knows these things.

Keri said...

Time flies! Sounds like you stay busy. My husband just finished painting the changing table--it's amazing how fast spray will cover a piece of furniture! Hope you guys had a wonderful Easter.

Sher said...

She's getting soo big!!! Hooray for her sleeping so well for you!! Can't wait to see pictures of the nursery!

OHmommy said...

awwww... it really hasn't been 3 months, really?

i too will remember his words.