Friday, February 06, 2009

And the award for BEST Mommy goes to.....

SOOO not even me!
Atleast not this week! ;)
I am sad to say that this week, I have been off my regular SUPER mommy ways.
HA! Yeah right.
But seriously, this week has been a little bit much for me.
And after you read this post,
you will see that it has obviously been too much for Charlotte, too.

Day 1...{or as I like to refer to it...Bad Mommy moment #1}
Charlotte and I headed out to town to return some gifts that we had duplicates of.
We first stopped at the mall to return a dress.
I called my Granma to see if she wanted to go with us.
She wasn't ready to go out to town, so she said she would call us later to meet up.
I was at the mall killing time {and doing it very well, might I add}
when I finally got a call from her.
{and if you know our local mall, you know you could get all your shopping done in about 15 minutes.}
She wanted to meet us at Arby's in front of Wal-Mart. 45 minutes later.
It was already after 12, but I agreed.
We got to Arby's and ate lunch...but by the time we were done, it was already 2.
{AKA Charlotte's regular naptime}
But, since we were about 20 minutes away from the house,
I decided it would be better to run into Wal-Mart
and get the things done that needed to be done. {maybe not better..but more gas-friendly}
By the time we were headed to the check-out, it was after 3.
Charlotte then began her tantrum.
And when I say tantrum, I mean convulsions, exorcist style antics...and screaming at the TIP TOP of her lungs.
I believe at one point I heard dogs howling along.
What is a mom to do at this point!? She was in the cart.
Out in public.
Acting like I do when someone eats the last Little Debbie Cake.
EVERYONE was staring at me.
Do I ignore her?
Tell her to stop it?
I tried both.
I also said some other things to her, that noone else could hear.
{use your imagination}
I couldn't concentrate on checking out.
I could only spend so much that day,
but, I just handed the lady what I THOUGHT was the amount needed,
and said,
"Can you count that please!?"
So, on top of looking like a "bad mom" with a "BAD kid"
I looked like I didn't get past the 2nd grade.
Again, I say EVERYONE was looking at us.
She was one of THOSE kids.
And I was one of THOSE moms who didn't know what to do
about THAT kid.
After we finally cashed out,
we were walking towards the door....STILL SCREAMING.
Her on the outside, me on the inside!
This woman walked by us...looked at my red-faced, hyperventilating toddler and said....
"OH MY GOODNESS!"
With that : "My kids NEVER acted like that" tone in her voice.
I wanted so badly to turn around and say something to her.
What, I don't know. But I wanted to say SOMETHING.
I didn't. I figured it wouldn't help my reputation as a good person/mom.
{yeah, like it could look ANY worse....}
After we got outside, I got her in her carseat {still screaming}
and slammed the door....fussing the entire time. {me and her.}
Then after a few words exchanged between the two of us,
I looked up and saw an old man hooked up to an oxygen tank in his van across from us that witnessed the whole exchange.
As I was still trying to get her to stop screaming, {by the way..screaming back does NOT work}
I looked back over at the guy and he was staring again,
by this time...my fuse was LOOOOONG gone, and I said...."What are YOU STARING AT?"
Of course, he couldn't hear me, but did that stop him from looking, of course not.
He got a free show....
Reality TV...DRIVE IN STYLE!!!
All that was missing was the popcorn....

So, we left. After about 10-15 minutes, she stopped yelling and fell asleep.
I got her home and put her to bed, and had a good cry.

End of bad mommy moment #1.
Stay tuned for tomorrow's installment of Bad Mommy Moment #2.
I will need some time to recoup from reliving THIS nightmare before I rehash the next one.
I shudder at the thought.

1 comment:

Keri said...

hahahahha...this made my day!