Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Whiny Wednesday

It's


Pyzam Glitter Text Maker

Charlotte needs to be potty-trained ASAP

Seriously.

I can't take it anymore.

I gave up this morning after she peed in 3 consecutive pairs of

pants/underwear.

She refuses to tell me when she has to pee.

Although she is fine with whining to me about the pee running down her leg.

So, I quit.

I know, I should have stuck with it.

But, it's Whiny Wednesday.

I wouldn't have anything to whine about if I stuck it out.

So then...fast forward to lunch

Which was just about 30 minutes ago.

And lasted about, Oh, 30 seconds.

She refuses to eat more than a few FORCED bites.

So, I again,

GAVE UP.

BUH.

Maybe I should change the name to WHIMPY WEDNESDAY.

Sooo...anywho.

I cleaned her off

took her to the potty.

She PEED!

Which when taken to the potty,

she will do.

Heck, she even poops when you catch her right.

BUT.

It's getting her to TELL ME

BEFORE

that is the issue.

Back to the story.

So, I put her diaper back on her

We read:

When You Take A Mouse to School,

Another book that I cannot recall the name of at the moment,

Goodnight Moon (she picked it out)

And, her regular Naptime Elmo book. (don't remember the name of that one either)

Then the fun really began.

Not that I wasn't having fun before,

But I guess she thought it wasn't FUN enough.

She has to turn her light off,

even if it's already off,

we turn it on

just to turn it BACK OFF.

I give her Barney

She asks for the puppy dog.

I put that beside Barney.

She decided she didn't want to lay down

LIKE I TOLD HER TO

So we argue

Well, I argue

She just screams

Maybe we both screamed.

I forget.

Or just don't want to remember.

Either way, I put the blanket ontop of her

and tuck her in like she neurotically requires

SERIOUSLY, she has to have it tucked under her shoulders, and under her feet.

WEIRD.

She kicks it off.

And stands up.

OH MAN!

I make her lay down.

I cover and tuck her BACK in.

(not such a wimpy Wednesday at this point)

I tell her that I am NOT going to come back in here, to tuck her in.

Tell her night-night. and close the door.

She screamed for about the first few lines of this post,

and now all is quiet.

Whether she is asleep, or not,

I care not a drop.

It's quiet.

VICTORY IS MINE!

Hopefully this afternoon/evening will not be such a WHINY one

For either of us.

PLEASE, if you join me in WHINY WEDNESDAY, leave me a comment and tell me so.

I would love to know that I am not complaining all alone in this world.




2 comments:

Hailey said...

You sound like me. I'm like just like whatever. Whatever about everything. Sometimes I would lose my mind if I didn't just say whatever.
At least she got quiet.
Read the post I just wrote. That is me being whiny. Caroline is driving me NUTS!

delwart said...

I know it's frustrating, but in my opinion the best way is to wait until they are ready to go on their own. It's kind of like when you were pregnant and couldn't wait to have her. No matter how bad you wanted to have her, you had to wait until your body was ready. My aunt Zora use to say "when the fruit is ripe it will drop". I guess you could paraphrase that for potty training but I'll leave that up to you and jackie to do the paraphrasing.

Change the things you can change and leave the rest to someone else.