Well, I write this post from a Palace in Baghdad, Iraq. I am at the Embassy Palace downtown. I have spent the last 3 days here doing some Route Reconnaissance for my unit. We have driven all over the place so that I can take us wherever we need to go when we move to Fallujah shortly. This place is quite amazing. I have taken a ton of pictures of the many buildings and such around the area. I will be posting them post-haste. As soon as I get back to Blue Diamond, I will ensure I put a few pictures up for all to see.
To be honest, I almost feel bad for being here. I feel like a tourist on some kind of twisted vacation to Iraq. I am still in awe at the difference between this place and Ramadi where I am currently living. On the flipside, I have been able to see a place that I thought I would only see on TV. I guess that is one "advantage" to being in the military.
I suppose I should finish with this. Be thankful for the life we all have known being a FREE people. Amongst the beauty of the buildings that Saddam built, there is a nation that does not have a whole lot. Don't get me wrong these people have things, but not like we do. These people have lived amongst this madness for hundreds of years, and are just now able to experience a glimpse of freedom. What I am trying to say, is this place will definitely make one appreciate what they have in America, the Land of the Free.
That is all for now.
Until next time,
Jackie
2 comments:
Thank you, Jackie, for making the Freedom we have here possible. I am proud to have you as my husband. I love you!
It's so good to hear from you Jackie. Thank you for the defending our freedom. I love you.
Love, Sher
Post a Comment